1. Apple's Terms and Conditions: The ways in which you can use the VICON Mobile Applications may also be controlled by the Apple's rules and policies https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/, https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/ and Apple's rules and policies will apply instead of these terms where there are differences between the two.
2. Operating system requirements: VICON Mobile Applications require a Vicon Mobile Applications require an Apple iOS mobile device (specific device include but are not limited to: iPhone 5s and above, iPad 3 and above, iPad airs, or iPad minis) with a minimum of 16 Gb of memory and the standard Apple iOS operating system iOS 12.0 and above.
3. Charges: You are responsible for payment of any costs or expenses incurred as a result of downloading and using any VICON Mobile Applications, including any operator network and roaming charges. Please check with your service provider for details.
a. download or stream a copy of the VICON Mobile Applications onto your primary compatible device and view, use and display the VICON Mobile Applications and the service on such devices for your personal purposes only.
b. receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the VICON Mobile Applications incorporating "patches" and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
5. You may not transfer the VICON Mobile Applications to someone else: We are giving you personally the right to use the VICON Mobile Applications. You may not transfer the VICON Mobile Applications to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the VICON Mobile Applications are installed, you must remove the VICON Mobile Applications from it.
8. We may collect technical data about your device: By using the VICON Mobile Applications, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the VICON Mobile Applications on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any services to you.
9. We may collect location data (but you can turn location services off): Certain services may make use of location data sent from your devices. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for the VICON mobile applications on the device. If you use these services, you consent to us and our affiliates' and licensees' transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. You may stop us collecting such data at any time by turning off the location services settings on your device.
10. Third-party applications, services or sites: The VICON Mobile Applications may enable you to link or connect you to use functionalities of third-party applications, services or sites that are not owned or controlled by VICON (collectively "Third Party Applications"). Any Third Party Applications are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party provider. VICON has no control over and is not responsible or liable for any matters relating to your dealings or transactions with such third parties and over any third-party content, syndicated content, applications, services, sites, advertisements, links, privacy policies and/or practices of any such third-parties that may be accessible via the VICON Mobile Application. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies and terms of service and usage of all third party sites that you visit prior to downloading or using any such Third Party Applications.
11. Reverse Engineering: You agree not to disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of any VICON Mobile Applications. You will not copy any part of the VICON Mobile Applications or make commercial use of, rent, lease, loan, sell, publish, license, sublicense, distribute, assign or otherwise transfer any part of VICON Mobile Applications to any third party.
12. Our rights: You acknowledge that we (or our licensors) own all right, title and interest in and to VICON Mobile Application and to the related software and so the rights in the VICON Mobile Applications are licensed (and not sold) to you. "VICON" is the trademark or registered trademark of Vicon Motion Systems ltd You will not alter, destroy, obscure, or otherwise remove any copyright or proprietary notices or labels contained within the VICON Mobile Applications.
13. Acceptable use restrictions: You must:
a. comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the VICON Mobile Applications;
b. not use the VICON Mobile Applications in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the VICON Mobile Applications or any operating system;
d. not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the VICON Mobile Applications;
e. not use the VICON Mobile Applications in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
f. not collect or harvest any information or data from any VICON Mobile Applications or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any VICON Mobile Applications.
b. you must delete or remove the VICON Mobile Applications from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the VICON Mobile Applications which you have and confirm to us that you have done this; and
c. we may remotely access your devices and remove the VICON Mobile Applications from them and cease providing you with access to the VICON Mobile Applications.
15. Updates and changes to the VICON Mobile Applications: From time to time we may automatically update the VICON Mobile Applications and change the service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update VICON Mobile Applications for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the VICON Mobile Applications. The VICON mobile applications will always work with the current or previous version of the operating system (as it may be updated from time to time) and match the description of it provided to you when you downloaded it.
17. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you:
a. Subject to the remainder of this paragraph 17, your use of the VICON Mobile Applications is at your sole risk. Each VICON Mobile Application is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We make no warranty, and disclaims all responsibility and liability for, the availability, timeliness, security, reliability, quality of any VICON Mobile Applications, any related software or application, or other products, services, information obtained through the VICON Mobile Applications. We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other information maintained or transmitted by the VICON Mobile Applications. We are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information or advice transmitted through the VICON Mobile Applications. We may, at any time, limit your use or discontinue the VICON Mobile Applications at our sole discretion. To the extent legally permitted, in no event shall we be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall our total liability to you exceed the amount actually paid by you (if any) for the VICON Mobile Applications.
c. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
d. When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum VICON system requirements advised by us.
f. Limitations to the VICON Mobile Applications. The VICON Mobile Applications are provided for general information only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the VICON Mobile Applications. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the app and the service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
g. Please back-up content and data used with the VICON Mobile Applications. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the VICON Mobile Applications, to protect yourself in case of problems with the VICON Mobile Applications.
h. Check that the VICON Mobile Applications are suitable for you. The VICON Mobile Applications have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the app and the services (as described on the Apple appstore site and in the documentation) meet your requirements.
i. We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the services or support for the VICON Mobile Applications is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
20. No rights for third parties: This contract does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract
23. Language: Some content may not be available in your local language.
24. Support for VICON mobile applications and how to tell us about problems:
a. Support. If you want to learn more about VICON Mobile Applications or have any problems using them please take a look at our support resources at https://vicon.com/support.
b. Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think VICON Mobile Applications are faulty or mis-described or you wish to contact us for any other reason please email us at [email protected] or call us on +1.303.799.8686 (USA), or + 44.1865.261800 (UK).
c. How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email, using the contact details you have provided to us.